Pregnancy massage relieves the common discomforts of pregnancy!
What should you expect?
Massage will take place in a side lying position, alternating left and right to ensure good blood flow. Pillows pillows pillows for comfort. There will also be a super quick check for abnormal swelling(pitting edema) and blood clots. It's not a deep tissue massage, but with decent pressure and lighter on abdomen, legs and feet.
All followed by a light snack and refreshment!
Benefits of Prenatal Massage
* Can reduce tension and stress
* Relieves tight muscles
* Helps the lymphatic system function better to remove toxins
* Reduces pain and swelling
* Helps insomnia
* Improves mood
* Helps to prepare for labor
Stress and pregnancy don't mix!
It can cause:
* low birth weight
* Premature labor
* Increased labor discomfort and longer labor
* Increased blood pressure for you and baby
** If you have any of these symptoms, please consult your healthcare provider ASAP.
These conditions are contraindicated for massage **
* any bleeding * placenta previa, abruptio or accreta
* fever, diarrhea, nausea * placentitis
* pneumonia * severe abdominal pain
* diabetic complications * throbbing headache
* high blood pressure * visual disturbances
* shock * preeclampsia
* infectious conditions * no fetal movement in 8hrs
* preterm labor * ectopic pregnancy
* pitting edema